Fox News: Barbie Anchors?

I don’t want to sound like I have anything against Fox News (I don’t), but I’ve noticed that there’s a certain… look that most of their female anchors have.  In the style of Fox, I’ll report, you decide.  So here’s the lineup.  See if you can spot the anchor that doesn’t belong.

About these ads

16 Responses to Fox News: Barbie Anchors?

1. Chris Justin says:

So…what’s your point?

2. Micah McMillan says:

I thought my point was fairly obvious: Fox News has a lot of female anchors who fit the stereotype for Barbie–they’re blond, attractive, and female.

3. Jim Gannon says:

Blonde beautiful and you forgot conservative

my perfect woman

thats why I married one…..30 years and counting

Jim

4. Jethro Corleone says:

You will notice though, that the one who “doesn’t belong” is also the ONLY one who hosts her own solo show.

• Micah McMillan says:

Jethro, I’m not sure if I’m missing your point, or if you’re missing mine…

My wife says your point is that all the women pictured (including the Barbie doll) are sufficiently similar to be lumped together, while Greta Van Susteren is the stand out because she is maybe not as pretty.

But, just to be clear, that’s NOT what my point is with this post; and Greta does “belong” because she fits the general Barbie-esque description of being a blond (arguably) attractive female.

5. orionca says:

I think you’re arguing the tail wagging the dog. Mattel has always styled Barbie according to the latest fashion trends – the original 1959 Barbie’s hair was styled after Lucille Ball’s, y’know. Every year they update the doll with the latest fashions and hairstyles.

Female news anchors tend to lead the pack rather than follow, fashion-wise. So it’s more that Barbie looks like THEM than the other way around.

6. Micah McMillan says:

I don’t think this is the tail wagging anything–I think that, first off, Barbie was a blond long before most of these women were employed by Fox or any other news outlet. Secondly, my point is not that these women literally look like Barbie–just that Fox employs a lot of blond attractive women who can jokingly be referred to as “Barbies”.

Any post with this many pictures, and so little formal exposition is obviously open to a bit of interpretation, but please don’t take this post too seriously folks.

7. benalbanach says:

Barbie Anchors….The ultimate in blonde jokes.And on FOX….How appropriate.

8. easearle says:

You Are Not Alone– I love the visuals you collected here–
    we’ve been noticing this trend too on our own little wordpress blog–
    our Guest Post writer actually watched 3 random hours of Fox News and counted the blondes… Great job collecting the visual evidence here–
    Elizabeth
    @http://celebritiesindisgrace.wordpress.com

9. BILLY DAGS says:

BARBIE? I DO AGREE THAT FOX DOES APPARENTLY FAVOR A PARTICULAR LOOK BUT MOST OF THESE BEAUTIFUL AND HIGHLY INTELLIGENT LADIES EXCLUDING JUST A COUPLE, BUT MOST DEFINITELY (GENIUS), GRETCHIN AND JANE WHO ARE AT THE TOP OF THE LIST WOULD PROBABLY ROCK YOU IN ANY DEBATE REGARDING THE IMPORTANT ISSUES OF THE DAY. AWESOME WOMEN!

10. Jayleen says:

Okay, this is funny… I am an attractive blond conservative who can recognize funny when I see it… Sorry most of the others don’t seem to have a sense of humor or an ability to recognize a bit of truth. Clearly FOX favors blonds. I really don’t know why anyone would deny this.

I plan to Photoshop the barbie pic to have the FOX blue background, etc. in the photo. I’ll send it to you when it’s done.

Personally I like this since all my life I’ve dealt with people who ‘assume’ I’m stupid because I’m blond. I like that they are reversing this assumption by putting forth a lot of attractive blonds who are very intelligent.

11. Chuck Larsen says:

It is a well known fact that Ruppert owns the isle of “Blond anchor babes”.

12. alexgb72 says:

greta van susteren attractive?? is that a joke?

• Micah McMillan says:

I did say “arguably” attractive; I guess you can decide for yourself if you think she fits that description.

13. alexgb72 says:

i thought you meant arguable blonde because her hair is brown (at least in that photo). As for being attractive, I think the only guys who say that also have a white cane and a seeing eye dog. LOL

14. Bubba McSchwartz says:

Where’s Alisyn Camerota? If you’re talking about news reporters that are good looking chix, then she ought to be right up there at the top of the list. She’s the Babe of Babes!